Saturday, July 5, 2008

Smoked Salmon for Dinner.

Found a nice fillet of fresh Salmon at the store today. Drizzeled with EVOO, and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and dill. On the smoker at 240 over Alder wood, the traditional wood for smoking salmon. Came out perfect. Tomorrow, i will fold some of the salmon into a seasoned cream cheese mixture, and stuff a few JalapeƱos with the mix. Wrap em in bacon and smoke until the bacon is crisp (called an Atomic Buffalo Turd). I have never tried it with salmon, but i think they should really turn out tasty. I will let you know tomorrow!





1 comment:

Chris said...

That salmon looks incredible! My son asked me to cedar plank one for him this weekend but all the salmon here was either farm raised or past it's prime. Hopefully Fresh Market will have some.

Let us know how the Atomic Salmon Turds turn out :) I imagine it would have to be great, since lots of people make smoked salmon dip.